Saturday, January 27, 2007

Pet Peeves

Recently Kireira blogged about her pet peeves.

I have one, too. Super irritating.

It's one of my colleague, and it's so irritating it's distracting me to focus on work.
We are in the same team, so I have to face it everyday. I got so frustrated few days ago I decided to do something about it.

First, I tried to seek advice. Iyok1010 mentioned something that struck the chord. He said, "it not all about me, me and me." How true.
I tried to dig deeper inside myself and realize, there are no ways I can change him. The only way is I need to change my perception, my tolerance. At first I thought I can say it out, or at least discussed it in a mild manner, work it out for some solution or something. But I guess, that won't fix a thing.

Living for others is not something we can realise and do everyday. This individualistic environment taught us how to be more competitive and ambitious. It didn't teach us to give out something to others. It doesn't teach us to make a difference into others' life. I doesn't encourage us to think on others' shoes. It's always about me, me and me.

"Why they do that? Don't they think it's so inconsiderate to ME? Don't they think it's so rude to ME? Why can't they be more tolerant to ME?"

Enough ME. I need a reminder to tell me each day, I'm living for others. I want to make difference in other ppl's life. That alone gives so much sense of satisfaction.

No comments: